The United States’ Department of Defence announced on this Thursday that it is ready to take hard action against North Korea if the rogue nation keeps barbed fist towards America.
General Kenneth McKenzie, Pentagon joint staff director, told the US troops in South Korea are in ‘a high state of vigilance’ adding the United States is always ready to give a proper response to the rogue state’s dictatorship ‘because they have proven to be unpredictable in the past.’
After canceling the most awaited summit, Trump to that he has assurances from Defence Secretary James Mattis and Chief of Staff that the US is fully prepared to respond to any situation appropriately.
Trump said that US’ fight capability is most powerful than anywhere in the world and more ready than ever before to intervene the lengthy Korean standoff.
North Korea is in the news since last year when Trump put it on notice by threatening with ‘Fire and Fury’ comments to the communist country if the dictator Kim did not stop making threats to United States’ territory of Guam.
He said he would unleash ‘fire, fury and, frankly, power the likes of which this world has never seen before.’ He even called his ‘fire and fury’ stance not ‘tough enough’ and told that he would be tougher.
‘Let’s see what (Supreme Leader) does with Guam,’ he said. ‘(Now If) he does something in Guam, it will be an event the likes of which nobody has seen before, what will happen in North Korea.’
The USA has its strategic naval base in Guam at Pacific ocean. Further, USA has good ties with Japan post world war 2.
General Kenneth McKenzie said on Thursday that the Pentagon is ‘in a boxer’s stance. We are ready to respond.’
‘We’ll see what happens over the next few days. If any provocative actions occur from North Korea, we will certainly, in concert with our allies and partners in the region, be ready for it.’
According to the spokesperson of Department of Defence, this stance is in accordance with the Trumps trough pressure on North Korea.