Parenthood is not an easy thing, a lot of parents have to go through a lot in order to contribute towards the well beings of their kids. Parents try their best to treat their kids in the best way possible. They often make laws for the well being of their kids. This one mother has made a 17-rule contract before handing over a cell phone to her kid. Giving a cellphone to the kids is a thing which most parents should take seriously, one doesn’t know what kids can do over the smartphone. They are in the learning stage and after following some content on the smartphone which isn’t suitable for their age can be harmful. This mother Mel Watts has created a contract for allowing her son to have his first smartphone.
The list of rules has been shared by mirror and it includes the following conditions.
- If the phone is broken or lost, the cost to fix or replace it would be borne by the kid.
- The kid should answer the parents phone calls, if he can’t then should reply on the message. If no contact is made, then parents look for him.
- Once you go over your data you don’t get any extra till you next data top-up.
- There would be no mobile phones in the rooms.
- Mobile phone is to be given to parents before you go bed.
- The kid should follow the school rules and policies regarding smartphone.
- There shouldn’t be any message to people before 7:30am
- Do NOT take photos, movies of people who aren’t aware.
- Don’t upload anything on social media which you won’t like your grandmother or sisters to watch.
- Don’t troll people on the social media.
- The passwords and account names should be visible and accessible all the times. Things shouldn’t be purposefully hidden on the smartphone.
- Writing should be done carefully, as it might be something which can come across completely differently to someone reading.
- What kid posts on social media is forever.
- If you are being bullied – show us. Don’t hide it.
- The kid should know that the use of SIM card is the privilege.
The mother had shared the contract on Facebook and she received quite a lot of praise for her extra care in case of her kid.